Friday, May 14, 2010

weekly lesson #5

My AAA membership is awesome!

Patrick has had us enrolled in the program for several years now, and each year I happily place my new AAA card in my wallet. Before this week, the card has just sat in my wallet...I didn't realize I actually had a reason to show it off.

That all changed when I was shopping at New York & Co. They had an awesome sale going, 50% off of EVERYTHING! We're having professional beach pictures taken at the beginning of June, so I've been on a mission to find cute clothes for the entire family to wear during the shoot. Well, I stopped in here to see if they had anything for me, and they did. We're going with khaki and white clothes for our pictures, and I found a really cute pair of khaki dress Capri pants. They were $34.50, but with 50% off, I thought $17.25 was a steal. Plus, I found another cute top that I had to have.

When I went to the checkout, the cashier asked me if I had a AAA card. I'm sure I looked at her weird, but told her I did and dug it out of my wallet. She looked at it for a brief second, and told me that the card would score me another 15% off my purchase!

I've been on www.AAA.com a few times since then trying to find out where else I can shop and receive the AAA discount. You know me, I love coupons, and getting a deal, so I'll probably just start asking anywhere I go if they offer a AAA discount. The worst they can tell me is no.

1 comment: