Wednesday, May 12, 2010

the wednesday dish

This week I'm sharing the meatloaf recipe I mentioned last Wednesday. Shame on me because I do not have a meatloaf picture to share. I did make it in the last week, but things have been wild around here, and we ate it, before it even entered my mind to photograph it! So, you'll just have to use your imagination this week:)

This is the only meatloaf recipe I've ever used, and to be honest, I made my first meatloaf only about 2 months ago. I always assumed preparing a meatloaf would be difficult and time consuming, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. If you have a delicious meatloaf recipe of your own, please share it with me!

By the way, what makes preparing a meatloaf worth all the effort is enjoying meatloaf sandwiches the rest of the week!

Kristen's Meatloaf Recipe
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb lean ground turkey or beef
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup uncooked oats (I add more oats in the end to get the meatloaf the consistency it needs to be)
  • 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1 medium tomato, pureed
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 small can green chili peppers, undrained
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon Mexican blend seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime)
  • Non-stick cooking spray

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into a loaf and place in a baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment