Wednesday, May 26, 2010

the wednesday dish

I found this recipe online last week. It sounded tasty and easy to make, so I thought I would give it a try. I always get nervous when I'm cooking something for the first time, but this turned out pretty well. I love cheese, and while this recipe called for 2 cups, I probably used around 4. The next time I make this, I think I'll stick to the 2 cups...4 cups made it almost too cheesy. Also, I may put some Tabasco in the recipe next time too. Just to give it a little more kick.

Pizza Casserole


Ingredients:

  • 1 can Pillsbury biscuits
  • 1 16oz jar pizza sauce
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 green pepper, chopped*
  • 1 onion, chopped*
  • 1 2oz can sliced black olives*
  • 4oz pepperoni*
  • 2 cups mozzarella cheese

*optional ingredients - put in pizza toppings of your choice

Preparation:

Combine the pizza sauce and cream of mushroom soup in a large bowl. Mix in peppers, onions, and black olives. Cut pepperoni and biscuits into quarters and mix into bowl. Add 1 cup of mozzarella to mix. Pour into a 9x13 dish and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Top with remaining cup of mozzarella and return to oven until melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment