Wednesday, May 5, 2010

the wednesday dish

This is a recipe I've made a handful of times. I found it in a magazine, thought it sounded simple enough, and gave it a shot. One of these days I plan to substitute the frozen meatballs for homemade ones. This meal is pretty good with the frozen ones, so I'm sure it will be out of this world if I take the extra step and prepare homemade meatballs! I actually have a tasty meatloaf recipe (that I plan to share next week) that I think will be perfect for the job!
Italian Meatball Sandwiches


Ingredients:
1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
1 pound frozen pre-cooked Italian-style meatballs
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/3 cup sliced ripe black olives
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
6 hoagie buns
6 slices mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
Preparation:
Combine all ingredients (except hoagie buns, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese) in a large saucepan and simmer over medium-high heat about 15 minutes or until meatballs are hot. Place two pieces of cheese on the bottom of each bun. Spoon meatball mixture into buns and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment