Tuesday, April 20, 2010

*PRODUCT REVIEW* Purex Complete 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets


I received this Purex Complete 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets sample in the mail. The sample included two sheets, so I was able to test the product on two different loads of laundry. In case you are not familiar with this product, let me give you a brief description of what it is. It is the sheet pictured above, and by putting this one sheet in your load of laundry, you are adding the necessary detergent, softener and anti-static. This Purex sheet goes into the wash, and then goes right into the dryer along with the clothes.
What I like about this product:
1. the convenience. no messing with liquid or powder detergent or liquid softener. not having to remember to put the anti-static sheet in the dryer.
2. the fact that it is h/e compatible, meaning that it can be used in a front load washer.
3. the smell. i used spring scent. they also offer a citrus scent.

What I do not like about this product:
1. the fact that you pay for the convenience. i bought a 20 load starter kit from Publix last week. Publix had them on sale for $4.99 and I had a $1 off coupon. So paying $3.99 to do 20 loads of laundry comes out to 20 cents for each load. That's reasonable, I guess, and certainly not going to break my bank account, but I'm not sure at regular price and without a coupon if the convenience would really be worth the price.

My overall opinion:
It's nice to pull a sheet out of the container and throw it into the wash, and that's it! It would certainly de-clutter my laundry room if I only had this one container, and no more big detergent bottle, liquid fabric softener bottle and box of dryer sheets. It does not make me WANT to do laundry like the exaggerating ladies on their commercials lead you to believe it will! Also, it does not seem to clean and soften my clothes any better than my typical washing routine of All free & clear liquid detergent, Snuggle liquid softener, and Great Value dryer sheets. Until it is priced, per load, a little closer to liquid detergent, I do not think I will permanently switch to using it. It will be a luxury item at our house, where if I find it on sale and have a coupon I might just splurge like I did last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment