Friday, July 9, 2010

saw it & loved it



Eclipse was excellent! Not sure it was the best out of the three Twilight Saga movies, as I've been told it was, but it met all my expectations without a doubt. Once again, Kristen, Robert and Taylor made Bella, Edward and Jacob come alive!


Watching this movie made me think for the very first time that maybe Bella should have given Jacob a chance (that's a lot coming from me..a huge Edward fan). You could feel the love Jacob had for Bella even more than you could in New Moon, and it really made me wonder how different the story would have been had Bella chosen Jacob.


Unfortunately, I was not able to make the June 30 midnight premier. Here in Virginia, I know no one, so if I had went to the premier I would have went alone...that idea didn't appeal to me at all. I'm sorry I missed all the premier fun my friends back home have told me about. I definitely could have handled paying $17.50 for a ticket to show up at the theater at 7pm to watch Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse back to back on the big screen. Oh well, part 1 of Breaking Dawn is only 16 months away, so I'll just have to wait for that midnight premier.


I had to wait an agonizing 2 days after Eclipse debuted before I was able to take me turn to see it! I made it to the theater on Saturday for the 11:45am showing. Patrick dropped me off at the theater, and then occupied the kids by taking them to Walmart, the mall and Chick-fil-a. I was certain the theater would be packed, but by 11:30, nobody else had shown up, so I figured it wouldn't be sold out after all. When the theater lights dimmed at 11:45, I was the only person in the theater!!! I watched Eclipse alone, literally. That was sort of a neat experience. Certainly the first time I had been in a theater all by myself. I think it made the movie sort of more personal, but I really missed watching the movie for the first time surrounded by other Twilight fans. When I went to theater to see New Moon the day after it opened last November the theater was packed, and when Jacob took his shirt off for the first time when Bella fell of the motorcycle, many in the crowd clapped and cheered. I wonder had there been a packed theater this time, what moments would have brought cheers and applause. I have my suspicions, but I won't reveal anything, because you may not have seen the movie for yourself. Nevertheless, I did see the movie, and that's really all that matters.

Now I just have to sit back and wait for it to come out on DVD, so I can watch it repeatedly for at least a month- or until I can quote it - whichever comes first!

No comments:

Post a Comment