Monday, July 12, 2010

retail-me-not


Do you ever shop online? I know I do. With a 3 year old and an almost 2 year old, I've found that online shopping is sometimes much easier than the real, get-in-the-car, drive-to-the-store kind. My kids are like little, ticking, time bombs when it's time to shop. Even if they're in a pleasant mood when we arrive at the store, and Griff actually doesn't have a fit that he has to ride in the shopping cart or stroller, while Jules gets to walk, I can just about bet money on the fact that the happy mood will not last. I am so sure of this that I keep two lollipops on me at all times, just in case I need to bribe my kids into remaining calm at least until I can get through a check-out. I hate giving my kids candy, because my kids get hyper on air much less sugar, but sometimes it keeps mommy from loosing her sanity, and in those moments, a little sugar - ok, a lot of sugar - is worth all the stickiness and hyper activeness that follows.
So now you sort of understand why, if at all possible, I will just shop online. Here's the problem though. I love the convenience online shopping brings, but I cannot stand having to pay shipping charges for something I can run to the store to purchase as well (guess that's the bargain hunting, coupon clipping Kristen coming out). Basically, I'll shop online as long as I don't feel like I'm being ripped off, cannot purchase or easily purchase what I need in a nearby store, or, most importantly, if I can find a promotional code to use at the online checkout. Those promotional codes are little blessings I assure you, and they are easier to find than you might think!!!
Just go to http://www.retailmenot.com/, type in the website you are shopping on (example: orientaltrading.com) and a list of promotional codes appears. Now granted, not every, single online store will have promotional codes to offer, but if a store does, you will find it on the retailmenot website. This site has saved me so much money, and I will not check out online without first going to retailmenot's site to see what kind of money I can save. Just this week, I bought some party supplies from Oriental Trading for my son's upcoming birthday party. I checked http://www.retailmenot.com/, and found a promotional code that gave me free shipping and $5 off my order. Needless to say, my day had been made:)
Don't forget about this fabulous site...it can save you money too!

No comments:

Post a Comment