Wednesday, June 23, 2010

the wednesday dish

I made this dish tonight (Tuesday), but I completely forgot to snap a picture of it to include in this post. It's simple to make, and a recipe I learned from my Nanny. It has no official name, but when I tell my husband I'm making it for dinner I usually just call it beef, gravy and mashed potatoes. It's one of those recipes that is next to impossible to mess up!

beef, gravy & mashed potatoes

Ingredients:

  • mashed potatoes (however you like to prepare them - homemade or not)
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1 jar of Heinz Beef Gravy

Preparation:

Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet. Drain. Place meat and onions back in skillet, and mix jar of beef gravy in. Warm. Serve over your prepared mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment