Wednesday, June 16, 2010

the wednesday dish

I recently discovered this recipe in a recipe book I've had for years. I can't remember liking a squash casserole before this one! It's got a really good taste. I love the fact that there's cheese in it:)
Squash Casserole
Ingredients:
  • 3 cups cooked, drained squash (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 cup cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup shredded, sharp cheddar cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 small onion, chopped (I usually cook the onion with the squash)
  • 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed
  • 2 tablespoons of melted butter

Preparation:

Mix all ingredients together, and place in glass baking dish. Top with crushed cracker crumbs and melted butter. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this sounds really good! I love squash casserole but can never find a recipe that sounds good. I'm going to try this when the squash from my garden is ready. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete