Tuesday, June 22, 2010

a little useful information

I LOVE all you magazine! So much so that I received a subscription as a Christmas gift. Each month's magazine is stuffed full of money saving ideas, and even better, it is stuffed with coupons! The coupons I get out of the magazine and actually use save me enough money to pay for the magazine and then some. For example, I use Neutrogena foundation, and about every other month there is a $3 off coupon for Neutrogena makeup, and that one coupon alone pays for my magazine. You can click here if you're interested in a free trial of all you.

In the June issue I ran across an interesting article and I thought I would pass along a little of what I learned from it.
  1. Wash your dishwasher: Fill the detergent cups with 1/2 cup white vinegar then run your empty dishwasher through a complete cycle.
  2. Clean your garbage disposal: Once every few weeks, put a handful of ice cubes into your disposal. Turn on the disposal while running cold water, and the ice will help break up grease that collects on the blades. To add a bit of freshness toss in some orange, lemon or lime peels into the disposal.
  3. Keep sponges sanitary: After using your kitchen sponge, rinse, squeeze and place in the microwave for three minutes. The heat will help kill any bacteria.
  4. Keep the trash clean: Take old newspaper and line the bottom of your kitchen trash. The newspaper will help soak up leaks and absorb odors.

This is just four of 30 ideas they gave. The ideas seem so simple, but I had never thought of them myself. I thought I would pass this new knowledge on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment